December 13, 2005

Gallup: In God We Trust

According to the most recent Gallup poll finds that 94% of respondents said that they believe that there is a God. Of the remaining 6% who say they don't believe in God, only 1% say they are certain that there is no God.

94% certainly constitutes a pretty hearty majority, doesn't it? Looks like atheists actually constitute a much smaller portion of the population than we've been led to believe.

Wouldn't it be nice if those folks who are so pained by the fact that the word "God" is on our currency, in our national motto and in the Pledge of Allegiance, would be content to simply get together for a "Festivus" celebration and save the venting of their hostilities for the "Airing of Grievances"?

Posted by: Gary at 03:25 PM | No Comments | Add Comment
Post contains 135 words, total size 1 kb.

Comments are disabled. Post is locked.
11kb generated in CPU 0.0111, elapsed 0.0553 seconds.
112 queries taking 0.0482 seconds, 203 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.