November 01, 2006
Featuring the pic of the soldier's response to John effin' Kerry.
And a BSG fan to boot. Go check him out. Now!
July 20, 2006
Connecticut Citizens In Action follows CT politics fairly closely and will make a nice resource for news on this year's races - Federal, State and Local. Cuz I'm too lazy to follow it myself.
As such, it has earned a much-coveted slot in the ol' Official Ex-Donkey blogroll.
June 09, 2006
In the old days I used to scroll through the referrels on Sitemeter looking for good blogs to add. But I just don't have time for that nowadays. More often than not I come across sites from commenters or emails that I get.
Being as it's Friday, I wanted to highlight three new links on the 'roll:
1) Conservative Propaganda - Former USAF, now a self-described "computer geek in the DC area". His posting frequency is lower than average, but the content makes it worth checking back from time to time.
2) This Is Freedom Country - Let it never be said that the Ex-Donkey is not open to differing opinions. Here's a former Liberal turned Libertarian. Okay, that's about as differing as I can deal with. I often disagree with many Libertarians but they usually make good points. NRO's Jonah Goldberg once compared Libertarians to the celtic barbarians that the Medieval Britons would often hire out as mercenaries; they're useful in a fight, but you wouldn't want one sitting on the throne.
3) Here's one I first read today: Say No To P.C.B.S. You have to love a blog when it's first post reads: "Welcome To Thunderdome - I take a stand against the evil that is the liberal left, and thus it begins." Liberal girlie-men, beware!
Go pay 'em a visit.
May 16, 2006
Lorie has her own site, Byrd Droppings, that for some strange reason I've never blogrolled. Perhaps it's because I've usually read her stuff on Polipundit. Now that Lorie's contributions will no longer be available at Poli, I not only wanted to alert readers of her site's addition to the 'roll but to encourage traffic her way - not that she needs my help in that respect.
Polipundit continues to be a regular stop for me, but I have to say I'm disappointed in how this issue has resulted in many Conservatives taking a "my way or the highway" attitude. There are two sides to every story and Polipundit has responded in kind. Hey, I agree that it's his sight and he has the right to set whatever editorial policy he sees fit. But, frankly, I find this whole thing a little disturbing. Is this the kind of division that some Conservatives and right-leaning folks are going to have to endure?
Look, I'm not one to talk. My comment policy makes it pretty clear that I have very little interest in disagreement on this site. It's one of the reasons I don't have guest bloggers unless I'm on extended vacation. But Polipundit.com owes its popularity in large part to it's group format and open debate. It's a shame that it has come to this.
Good luck, Lorie!
Actually, it looks like all four "guests" at Polipundit have been cut off at the knees. I'm not aware if Jayson or Alexander McClure have other web "homes" or not, but DJ Drummond's site is Stolen Thunder. DJ's now on the blogroll as well.
I really hope that Polipundit will take some time to cool off over this one. It would be awful if he's become "Kos-ified".
UPDATE DEUX: 3:00pm 5/19/06:
All week I've been heading back to Polipundit to see how things are going. Bottom line is that without Alex, Lorie, DJ and Jayson, the site has become pretty static. Basically, Polipundit has become a one-issue blog and since I generally don't agree with him on that issue (not to mention his continuous deriding of the President as a liar and a sell-out) I don't really have a reason to read it anymore. He's starting to sound like a broken record and illegal immigration has become an all-consuming obsession with him. Too bad.
April 19, 2006
April 06, 2006
He and his merry band of pundits can now be found at http://www.nerepublican.com. Go check out the new site and update your links.
March 31, 2006
Hey, a lot of you mental defectives might find some valuable advice.
March 21, 2006
Go visit "Red America". Funny that it's not listed on the WaPo's main blog page. Then again the end of that page's URL does read: "?nav=left". Hmmmm. I'll have to add to the main blogroll so I can find it more easily.
Oh, this is rich. Apparently, when Post reporter Tom Edsall opened up the chatlines today he got an earfull from pissed-off Lefties about the new "Red America" column.
Here's an example:
"The hiring of the Red State Blogger is yet another example of why I cancelled my subscription to The Post and do not intend to ever re-instate it. The Post's view that it needs to "balance" viewpoints buys into the notion that The Washington Post adequately provides a forum for a liberal viewpoint. Do you really believe that The Post has an over abundance of liberal viewpoints?"
I damn near had my coffee spilling out my nose I laughed to hard at that one. The WaPo op-ed pages are so full of Liberal opinion you barely notice the Conservative one.
What is it about Conservative opinion that so terrifies these people that they object to it even being printed? Criticize it, ridicule it or ignore it if you will. But to fear it? Talk about insecure.
UPDATE: 3/24/06 3:45pm
Considering that the "Red America" column is no more, it's now off the Blogroll.
November 02, 2005
- Dan of A Slower Pace returns after a couple months off.
- Why Amy Ridenour wasn't already on, I'll never figure out.
- Bohemian Conservative - poor thing is surrounded by smelly Frenchmen.
- Geology, Politics and Beer make a great combination at GeoSciBlog
- The Red Ink, a Conservative Vikings fan
- Jiblog, a Conservative Packers fan (Yikes these two should get along, huh?)
- Founder of the "Pro-Victory" Blogroll, North American Patriot
- Wild Thing over at Theodore's World (Hubba, Hubba)
- Sister Toldjah, another blog I can't believe isn't already there
- Gossip and commentary about the judiciary at Underneath Their Robes
That's it for now, hope I didn't miss anyone.
October 15, 2005
I'd love to watch a Packers-Giants game with this dude.
Whoops, looks like we both need to update our cowbell links.
UPDATE: Fixed! More Cowbell!!!
September 27, 2005
Thanks to ABP for the tip!
September 23, 2005
One of my favorites:
124 queries taking 0.0987 seconds, 252 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.